If you’re interested in working for The Wine Foundry please submit all resumes with a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. View our current openings below:
1. Sales, Marketing and Events Internship
The Wine Foundry
- The Wine Foundry is a custom winemaking facility located in southern Napa’s Crusher District. We currently are seeking an entrepreneurial, wine enthusiast to assist our VP of Accounts in many aspects of sales, marketing and event planning and execution. Our internship program is well suited for individuals looking to jump start into the wine industry. The most successful candidates have come from other industries and have used this program to launch a new career. It offers broad experience at many levels of the wine industry outside of production.Candidate must have exceptional organizational and customer service skills and enjoy working with the public. The ability to intelligently share wine knowledge, ask questions, work quickly and create a memorable experience for our visitors. Requires the ability to stand for long periods of time and to lift 50 lbs. Must be 21 yrs. or older.
- Manage tastings and tours of the winery
- Assist with Vineyard updates videos, scheduling the visits, shoots and share with clients
- Hands on harvest and winemaking events
- Newsletter communication
- Contribute to our Social Media and Blog
- Knowledge of our story, our wines and our goals
- Event support and staffing
- Assist with wine club shipments
- Occasional support in the tasting room
- Assist in various marketing tasks such as writing of tasting notes, tech sheets, et
- Sales/Retail experience a plus
- Exceptional customer service
- Some wine knowledge, or at least a desire to learn
- Ability to conduct tours and host small groups
- Excellent writing ability
- Computer proficiency (Mac or PC)
- Consistent and reliable
- Strong attention to detail and a general commitment to quality in all aspects of work
- Must be able to work some weekends, holidays and evening events
- Demonstrate a professional demeanor in all circumstances
- Must be 21 years of age
- Ability to lift and carry 50 lbs.
- Ability to stand on one’s feet for extended periods of time
- Ability to make a 6 month commitment
- Compensation is an hourly rate and estimate 32 hours a week.
Job Posted: 2019
Type of Work: Part Time
Salary Information: TBD
2.Tasting Room Hosts (part time only)
The Anarchist Wine Co. tasting room is located in Napa, CA at the Vista Collina Resort in south Napa. We are currently seeking the best candidates for the position of Tasting Room Hosts (part-time to fill in two full time days a week and provide support on the busier weekend days as well.
We are looking for energetic, personable, upbeat and highly customer-service oriented sales professionals for our Tasting Room Hosts (part time). Duties include but are not limited to wine sales, tastings, tours, scheduling reservations, networking, and working with our wine club. Must have flexibility during the week with weekends mandatory as well as many holidays. Candidates must have exceptional customer service skills and enjoy working with the public, the ability to intelligently share wine knowledge, encourage sales and club membership, and create a memorable experience for our visitors. Requires the ability to stand for long periods of time and to lift 50 lbs. Must be 21 yrs. old and maintain a valid drivers license.
Conduct tastings and occasional tours of the winery
Wine and retail sales
Knowledge of our story, our wines and our goals
Event support and staffing
Attend and/or pour at industry events and hotels
Glass washing/polishing and other similar tasks
Daily duties around the tasting room
Sales/Retail experience a plus
Exceptional customer service
Some wine knowledge, prior wine related job preferred
Ability to conduct tours and host small groups
POS (WineDirect) & Computer proficiency (Mac and PC)
Consistent and reliable
Strong attention to detail and a general commitment to quality in all aspects of work
Must be able to work weekends, holidays and some evening events
Demonstrate a professional demeanor in all circumstances
Compensation will be determined on an individual basis with hourly rate, commission, wine club bonus and tips.
Please submit cover letter and resume.
3. Lab Tech
The lab technician will be trained with all lab equipment and will work in a fast paced environment with daily deadlines. Tasks included:
QUALITY CONTROL: Works with Winemakers, for accuracy of laboratory data generated at the winery, by maintaining reagents, calibrations of equipment, training and Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs). Perform QC of wines to bottle (FSO2-CO2-DO). Maintain QC inventory.
DAILY LABORATORY ANALYSIS: Performs the following chemical analyses as needed: total acidity (TA), pH, free sulfur dioxide (FSO2), TSO2, Glu/Fru, Malic, NTU and DO, fining trials, bench trails. Perform Foss analysis as needed using Winescan So2 module.
HARVEST ANALYSIS: Works with Winemakers, on the analysis of field samples and incoming fruit or juice including Brix, pH, TA, and YAN and malic acid for TWF and custom clients and outside clients. Responsible of monitoring fermentations: checks brix, pH, and TA, Temp and calculate and perform inoculations and additions. Expected to read and interpret analytical results accurately and efficiently.
SAMPLING: Coordinate and schedule with production manager and cellar crew regular barrel, tank and Kegs samples for analysis and/or tasting. Generate Work orders using Innovint for Topping and additions.
RECORD KEEPING: Record, print, and distribute analysis, enzymatic procedures and results for RS and malic. Input all analysis into Innovint
-Formal education in a laboratory science and winery experience is desirable.
-Ability to work as a dynamic and contributing team member in a fast-paced environment.
-Requires knowledge of laboratory activities and responsibilities and a basic understanding of the role that lab activities play in the creation of quality wine.
– Strong mathematical skills and attention to detail are required in order to calculate, understand, document, and record laboratory results.
– Excellent communication skills (can communicate effectively in English) are required in order to work effectively with a variety of people including the winemaking, production crew and clients.
– Strong organizational and problem-solving skill; ability to manage priorities and workflow
-Strong computer skills, including efficient use of Innovint software, email, word processing and spreadsheets, as well as Internet research capabilities are required.
– Proactive, must work over-time required during harvest
– Ability to build great relationships with team members
– Ability to lift 50 pounds
• Moderate sitting, standing, squatting.
• Some walking, bending, climbing, reaching over and below the shoulder, carrying and lifting up to 50 pounds; grasping, pushing/pulling, and fine manipulation with both hands.
• Visual capabilities: close and distance, color, peripheral vision and adjustment of focus.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: This position entails exposure to the following environmental conditions:
• Marked temperature and humidity changes.
• Noise level exposure: Moderate.
BENEFITS: 401k, PTO, Medical & Dental