If you’re interested in working for The Wine Foundry please submit all resumes with a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. View our current openings below:
1. Bottling Technician:
Responsibilities include equipment maintenance and operation of our bottling line for a full-service custom crush winery in Napa.
Candidate must have general knowledge of winery operations and specific experience running and maintaining bottling equipment.
• General knowledge and understanding of bottling operations
• Manage and maintain bottling line and all packaging equipment
• Mechanical aptitude required for knowledge and experience in maintenance and operation of packaging equipment
• Three years of cellar experience and thorough knowledge of wine production required
• Experience and knowledge of racking, filtration and other wine movements
• Understanding of basic math and measurements
• Keep bottling line and surrounding area clean and organized at all times
• Ability to work extended shifts and occasional Saturday
• Ability to solve problems and set priorities
• Develop a maintenance schedule for bottling line
• Fluent in English (reading, writing and speaking)
• Commitment to excellence and high standards of customer service
• Willingness and flexibility to work within changing priorities with a positive attitude
• Strong attention to detail
• Ability to drive a forklift and become forklift certified, if not already
• Clean driving record and valid driver’s license
• Pick ups and deliveries of case goods and supplies in company vehicles
Job Type: Full-time
2. Sales, Marketing and Events Internship
The Wine Foundry
- The Wine Foundry is a custom winemaking facility located in southern Napa’s Crusher District. We currently are seeking an entrepreneurial, wine enthusiast to assist our VP of Accounts in many aspects of sales, marketing and event planning and execution. Our internship program is well suited for individuals looking to jump start into the wine industry. The most successful candidates have come from other industries and have used this program to launch a new career. It offers broad experience at many levels of the wine industry outside of production.Candidate must have exceptional organizational and customer service skills and enjoy working with the public. The ability to intelligently share wine knowledge, ask questions, work quickly and create a memorable experience for our visitors. Requires the ability to stand for long periods of time and to lift 50 lbs. Must be 21 yrs. or older.
- Manage tastings and tours of the winery
- Assist with Vineyard updates videos, scheduling the visits, shoots and share with clients
- Hands on harvest and winemaking events
- Newsletter communication
- Contribute to our Social Media and Blog
- Knowledge of our story, our wines and our goals
- Event support and staffing
- Assist with wine club shipments
- Occasional support in the tasting room
- Assist in various marketing tasks such as writing of tasting notes, tech sheets, et
- Sales/Retail experience a plus
- Exceptional customer service
- Some wine knowledge, or at least a desire to learn
- Ability to conduct tours and host small groups
- Excellent writing ability
- Computer proficiency (Mac or PC)
- Consistent and reliable
- Strong attention to detail and a general commitment to quality in all aspects of work
- Must be able to work some weekends, holidays and evening events
- Demonstrate a professional demeanor in all circumstances
- Must be 21 years of age
- Ability to lift and carry 50 lbs.
- Ability to stand on one’s feet for extended periods of time
- Ability to make a 6 month commitment
- Compensation is an hourly rate and estimate 32 hours a week.
Job Posted: 2019
Type of Work: Part Time
Salary Information: TBD
3.Tasting Room Hosts (part time only)
The Anarchist Wine Co. tasting room is located in Napa, CA at the Vista Collina Resort in south Napa. We are currently seeking the best candidates for the position of Tasting Room Hosts (part-time to fill in two full time days a week and provide support on the busier weekend days as well.
We are looking for energetic, personable, upbeat and highly customer-service oriented sales professionals for our Tasting Room Hosts (part time). Duties include but are not limited to wine sales, tastings, tours, scheduling reservations, networking, and working with our wine club. Must have flexibility during the week with weekends mandatory as well as many holidays. Candidates must have exceptional customer service skills and enjoy working with the public, the ability to intelligently share wine knowledge, encourage sales and club membership, and create a memorable experience for our visitors. Requires the ability to stand for long periods of time and to lift 50 lbs. Must be 21 yrs. old and maintain a valid drivers license.
Conduct tastings and occasional tours of the winery
Wine and retail sales
Knowledge of our story, our wines and our goals
Event support and staffing
Attend and/or pour at industry events and hotels
Glass washing/polishing and other similar tasks
Daily duties around the tasting room
Sales/Retail experience a plus
Exceptional customer service
Some wine knowledge, prior wine related job preferred
Ability to conduct tours and host small groups
POS (WineDirect) & Computer proficiency (Mac and PC)
Consistent and reliable
Strong attention to detail and a general commitment to quality in all aspects of work
Must be able to work weekends, holidays and some evening events
Demonstrate a professional demeanor in all circumstances
Compensation will be determined on an individual basis with hourly rate, commission, wine club bonus and tips.
Please submit cover letter and resume.